Monday, July 26, 2010

Ninja Five-0 (GBA - 2003)

Now, when I first found this game, I was going through my friend Eric's ROMs through some AIM file sharing thing. I saw the name and said "This is either dumb or funny." I was pretty wrong. I'd go as far as to say it's definitely up there in the list of "awesome ninja games". I'm really surprised that it's a one off game, because if I was at Konami i'd pump out at least 2 more.

It's a fairly standard ninja game: swords, shirukens, etc. But instead you work for the government, and have missions, instead of some kind of grand revenge plot. Basically it seems like you're dispatched only in hostage situations, because there's a certain number you have to save in each level. But they aren't just tied up, they're being used as human shields by the bad guys, so timing is everything.

Probably the best aspect of the game is the grappling hook. It's not a new idea at all, but it's implemented really, really well in this game. Also, outside of the US it was released as Ninja Cop, i'm guessing cause Japan and Europe were never exposed to Hawaii 5-0 the way we were. Maybe they were, I dunno, I'm not even sure how to research that. Grab it and check it out.

1 comment:

  1. I can't download the rom unless i take part in some gift card pyramid scheme what?!

    ReplyDelete