I can't lie: when I originally found this ROM years ago, it was misnamed 100% Cotton, and I downloaded it because I thought it was going to be dirty. It ended up being one of the most ridiculous games I've ever played.
Marchen Adventure 100% Cotton is a Shoot 'em Up (although, as I just read on wikipedia, because I'm an expert, apparently this is a type of game called a "Cute 'em Up"). Here, just imagine you're playing a regular shmup. Okay, now, instead of a space ship, you're controlling a little girl on a broom, and instead of some rotating diamonds or little guns or whatever helping you, you've got some fairies. And you're not in space, but I really can't explain to you where you are.
Also, when you beat the boss at the end of the level, the little girl (her name's Cotton, by the by) shouts "TEA TIME". And then you have to catch falling bags of tea for bonus points. The version I originally found years ago had a built in cheat menu, but you'll have no such luck, my friend. Get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment