Wednesday, August 4, 2010

SNK Gals' Fighters (Game Boy Color - 2003)

Okay, this is weird. I found this ROM in one of those every-game-ever-on-this-console torrents. I cannot find ANYTHING about this game. All google searches point towards the Neo Geo Pocket Color version. It's made in 2003. The Game Boy Advance came out in 2001, and as far as I can tell, the last games made for the Game Boy Color were in 2002. So I thought this was a hack. But, I went through everything I had (all King of Fighters games, Mark of the Wolves, Street Fighter Alpha, even the Mortal Kombat games) and nothing plays the same as this does.

Another weird thing is that the characters in SNK Gals' Fighters on NGPC is all female, and sprinkled in from all the different series. In the GBC version, it's male and female, and all the characters seem to be from either Last Blade or Samurai Shodown. And their names are all changed around. (Lee is Huang, Nakaruru is Lu Lu, etc). But for a game that I can't find any trace of information on: it's really good.

It's a bit slow, but for the Game Boy, it's really impressive. Each character has their own move set, at least 2 kinds of super combos, you can play in 3 on 3 team mode, or 1 on 1, best 2 out of 3, and the music is great. I'll probably upload the OST once I find out this is real, or what the real soundtrack is.


I still think it must be a hack, if you can point me in the direction of what this is, put it in the comments! Also, since I couldn't find any box-art, Here's a picture of one of the post-battle taunts. Download it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment