Some games I thought you should try out. Or some soundtracks I thought you should hear. Links in titles are outdated and I can't change them for some reason. Links within posts are current.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Project S-11 Soundtrack and ROM (Game Boy Color, 2001)
I mostly wanted to post the soundtrack to this, but GBC games are so small might as well include it, too.
This thing is pretty gorgeous for a GBC game. Maybe I just forgot how diverse and vibrant a game for GBC can look, but something about this is pretty amazing.
It's a pretty standard top-down view shoot 'em up, but it's just incredibly impressive for the hardware.
The soundtrack was written by Jonne Valtonen, known in the demoscene as Purple Motion and Aleksi Eeben, creater of Carillion Tracker for the Gameboy. The fact that the game studio that made this is called Paragon 5 leads me to believe that he, or someone at the studio created Paragon 5 Tracker (a GB tracker program for windows), which is possibly what this was written with.
The soundtrack is so good I accidentally recorded the first track for almost 10 minutes, because I didn't even realize it was supposed to be work (I use the term incredibly loosely.)
These guys made amazing work of the GB's waveform / sampling abilities. Most of the music for the system just uses the WAV channel to make a simple saw wave (or triangle wave, in Trip World's case). This uses it for both drum samples, nasty bass, and interesting leads.
12 tracks, which I recorded from a pro-sound modded DMG-01 (classic Game Boy brick, better sound than the Game Boy Color). You won't find this specific recording anywhere else, unless they steal it and post it there.
Download Project S-11 Soundtrack with ROM (76.3 mb) or Download ROM only (524 kb)
Update: soundtrack is now also available as a Youtube playlist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Thank you so much for this one man.
ReplyDeleteI preordered this game back when it came out after listening the Paragon 5 music demo rom.
Awesome. :)
do anyone have link for .mod file for this music ?
ReplyDelete